Skechers is America’s third-largest sports footwear brand, known for its comfortable lifestyle and performance footwear for men, women, and children. For most Americans, they’ve become a stylish must-have item.
Don’t be alarmed if your Sketchers are a little dirty and unattractive. It’s easy to clean them, and it extends the life of your footwear. If you already own or want to purchase a pair of their famed memory foam shoes, it’s critical to understand how to properly clean and care for them.
Read on to learn “How To Wash Skechers Shoes?” without staining or ruining them.
How To Wash Skechers Shoes?
Method 1: Washing Performance or Light-Up Skechers
- If you’re not sure what kind of Skechers you have, go to the Skechers website and look at the photographs there.
Do a preliminary brush-off of the dirt on your shoes before reaching for the water. You don’t need a specific brush because a rag, an old tooth brush, a sponge, or a towel will suffice.
- Brushing off the excess dirt prevents you from mistakenly rubbing it into your Skechers when cleaning them.
3. In a cup of lukewarm water, add a few drops of laundry detergent.
Combine the detergent and water until it forms a sudsy mixture.
Make sure the water is warm, not cold, as this will speed up the cleaning process.
4. Using a rag and soapy water, clean your shoes and insoles.
In the warm soapy water, soak a rag, a tooth brush, or a towel. Brush your shoes on both sides. Don’t forget to get the soles of your shoes as well. If you have insoles, remove them and brush them as well.
Pay extra care to any section of your shoes that is very unclean.
5. Using a rag and clean water, wipe the shoes clean.
Obtain a clean towel, cloth, or sponge, as well as a new bowl of clean water. Wipe all of the soap off of your shoes, being sure to get all of them.
When wiping out your shoes, try not to get them too damp.
6. Air dry the shoes and insoles.
Place your shoes somewhere dry, warm, and well-ventilated. If your insoles were washed, let them air dry outside of your shoes before replacing them. It may take a few days for your shoes to completely air dry, but don’t give up and throw them in the dryer.
- By separating the layers of your shoes, the heat from the dryer can do serious harm.
- To speed up the drying process, place a fan near to your shoes.
Method 2: Nylon/Mesh Skechers
We do not advocate putting your Skechers in the washing machine if they are not machine washable.
- Using a tiny brush or towel, remove any excess dirt from the upper and outsole.
- Combine warm water and a little amount (a few drops) of laundry detergent to make a soapy mixture.
- Soak a brush or a towel in the soapy solution. Wipe the afflicted area clean. Apply with a brush or towel an athletic cleanser like our Skechers Athletic Cleanser. Wipe away any extra soap and cleanser with a clean, dry towel.
- Allow time for your shoes to air dry.
Method 3: Leather Skechers
- Use a leather cleaner or lotion, such our Skechers Athletic Cleanser.
- Scrub the shoe well with a cleanser applied directly to a cloth, sponge, or soft brush.
- To remove extra moisture and dirt, use a clean, dry cloth.
- Leather shoes should not be washed in the machine.
Method 4: Suede or Nubuck Skechers
- Before wearing in rainy weather, use a suede and nubuck-specific ‘rain and stain’ protectant like Skechers Waterproofing Spray.
- To clean suede/nubuck shoes, use a suede/nubuck cleaning product. For optimal results, use a suede brush.
- Suede and nubuck shoes should not be washed in the machine.
How do you get the smell out of memory foam shoes?
Memory foam is a cushioned footbed that keeps your feet comfortable even after several hours of standing. The disadvantage is that they absorb scents like a sponge, necessitating regular cleaning.
The best way to get rid of odors in Skechers Memory Foam shoes is to use the Odor Eliminator spray.
Use the eco-friendly solution after each wear, and any odors should be gone in a few days. After that, you can use it less regularly, once every third to fourth wear, for example.
You can use different deodorizing sprays if you don’t have the Odor Eliminator. However, make sure you read the label first. You can also read our comprehensive guide on cleaning odorous shoe insoles.
Baking soda can also be used as an alternative.
Fill a pair of socks with around 0.5 cup of baking soda. Place one in each shoe and tie the ends. Let them sit overnight. Remove the powder from the sock in the morning and wash it in the washing machine.
Here’s a video showing how to use baking soda to deodorize shoes.
Do you wear socks with strechers memory foam?
Although the memory foam insole feels nice and comfortable on your feet, socks are recommended. In fact, you should always strive to wear socks with synthetic soles. The only time this rule does not apply is when the shoes can be machine washed. Otherwise, you risk creating a breeding ground for bacteria.
Our feet have over 250,000 sweat glands, which produce more sweat than any other part of our body combined. Socks are necessary because they absorb the sweat from your feet during the day.
Can you put skechers memory foam in the washer?
Even the Memory Foam insoles may be machine cleaned in most of Skechers’ casual, non-leather shoes. Use a moderate cycle and air-dry your clothes once they’re done—never use the dryer because the heat can harm the materials. Make sure the shoes are completely dry before applying the Water Proofer, which will help them stay cleaner for longer.
You should never put shoes with light-up features or other electronics attached in the laundry.
They will be severely harmed if they are submerged in water. Instead, clean them using the previous methods.
What is the best way to clean Skechers Memory Foam shoes? It depends on the type of material utilized in your shoe. Nylon and mesh are both easy to clean and may most likely be washed. Suede and nubuck leathers should only be brushed. Using the Skechers Cleaning Kit is an excellent method to keep your Skechers clean.
A Memory Foam insole is included in most Skechers footwear, which you can remove and air out. To avoid odors, spritz it with Odor Eliminator and wear socks whenever feasible.
We hope you received a response to your inquiry. Please let us know what you think in the comments section, and feel free to share with other Skechers owners. See more useful article at my website newjordan2019shoes.com.